Verge editor-in-chief Nilay Patel talks to founder and CEO of The Future Today Institute Amy Webb.
Amy is also a professor at NYU’s Stern School of Business and recently came out with a book called The Big Nine: How the Tech Titans and Their Thinking Machines Could Warp Humanity.
During the coronavirus pandemic, Amy and Nilay discuss whether we could have predicted this outbreak, how it can change trends in the future, and how it may even accelerate trends like AI and cloud-based robotics.
They also talk about The Future Today Institute’s 2020 Tech Trend Report that was released this month — which is a quantitative look at the big trends that may dominate the future.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
- On Instagram, Black Squares Overtook Activist Hashtags
- Some essential reading and research on race and technology
- Mark Zuckerberg on leaked audio from Facebook internal meeting: Trump’s post about “looting” isn’t a “dog whistle”
- Ransomware gang is auctioning off victims’ confidential data
- Trump vs. Twitter: Here’s what you need to know about the free speech showdown