Verge editor-in-chief Nilay Patel talks to founder and CEO of The Future Today Institute Amy Webb.
Amy is also a professor at NYU’s Stern School of Business and recently came out with a book called The Big Nine: How the Tech Titans and Their Thinking Machines Could Warp Humanity.
During the coronavirus pandemic, Amy and Nilay discuss whether we could have predicted this outbreak, how it can change trends in the future, and how it may even accelerate trends like AI and cloud-based robotics.
They also talk about The Future Today Institute’s 2020 Tech Trend Report that was released this month — which is a quantitative look at the big trends that may dominate the future.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
- 16 Black Friday TV Deals You Really Should See (2020): OLED, Soundbars, Projectors
- Black Friday massage gun deals: Save $150 on Theragun Pro, $100 off Theragun Elite and more
- 39 Black Friday Deals Under $50 (2020): Cases, Speakers, Leggings, and More
- Best Target Black Friday deals still available: iRobot Roomba, Fitbit Versa 2, JBL portable speaker and more
- The 12 Best Mattress Deals for Black Friday (2020): Helix, Purple, Allswell