Verge editor-in-chief Nilay Patel talks to founder and CEO of The Future Today Institute Amy Webb.
Amy is also a professor at NYU’s Stern School of Business and recently came out with a book called The Big Nine: How the Tech Titans and Their Thinking Machines Could Warp Humanity.
During the coronavirus pandemic, Amy and Nilay discuss whether we could have predicted this outbreak, how it can change trends in the future, and how it may even accelerate trends like AI and cloud-based robotics.
They also talk about The Future Today Institute’s 2020 Tech Trend Report that was released this month — which is a quantitative look at the big trends that may dominate the future.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
- Maybe Netflix and Amazon Should Just Buy Theater Chains
- Qualcomm wins U.S. antitrust lawsuit appeal over chip licensing
- Do TikTok and WeChat really pose a threat to Americans?
- The best wireless car charger and mount for 2020
- Apple’s EU antitrust case targets App Store limits on Microsoft and Facebook gaming apps