For all the hype around the push for cloud computing and data-driven strategies, many large and mid-sized companies are still struggling to make the transition to new digital tools.
According to a new study from IBM, 60% of 310 CIOs and CTOs in the U.S. and U.K. said their “IT modernization program is not yet ready for the future.” Worse, almost 1 in 4 said their company has just begun modernizing its IT infrastructure.
The numbers point to the immense challenges enterprises still face in conceiving and selling internal strategies around digital transformation. But companies that delay risk falling behind more nimble competitors or upstarts.
Of course, for IBM and others that sell infrastructure and services designed to boost such digital makeovers, the numbers point to an immense opportunity to help companies achieve the most basic advances.
In this case, the study reported 95% of these same IT leaders said they want to adopt some kind of cloud strategy. Across the board, they cited the desire to leverage tools like AI, automation, and data as a motivation for overhauling their IT. Among the benefits, a majority said such cloud-based strategies would help them be more competitive, save money, and increase their global reach.
VentureBeat’s mission is to be a digital townsquare for technical decision makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact.
Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you,
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform
- networking features, and more.
- Transposit unveils CloudOps workflow-building functionality
- How Augmented Reality Continues to Transform Customer Experience?
- You Season 3 review: There’s something compelling about toxic people doing toxic things
- 10 Best TVs We’ve Tested: Cheap, 4K, 8K, OLED, and Tips (2021)
- What stage of open-source adoption has your company reached?