On this episode of Decoder, Nilay talks with Shelli Taylor, the CEO of Alamo Drafthouse. Shelli stepped into her new role as CEO during the pandemic.
In the conversation, Nilay and Shelli discuss the steps she had to take to get her company back on solid ground — including justifying high fixed costs of expensive lightbulbs — and how the government has failed to manage the pandemic effectively for business owners. They also talk about what it will take to safely reopen theaters and what the future looks like, especially in the streaming age.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
- NBA All-Star Game, Slam Dunk contest: Start time, schedule and how to watch without cable
- Intelligent automation depends on these 4 cornerstones
- Don’t own a hand blender? Find out how indispensable they are with this one for $34
- Microdosing’s Feel-Good Benefits Might Just Be Placebo Effect
- Building AI for the Global South