On this week’s episode of Decoder Nilay Patel talks to Phil Spencer, the guy in charge of Xbox at Microsoft. They discuss not only the next-generation Xbox and PS5 just arriving in stores now, but how gaming itself has become part of mainstream culture, a trend that has definitely accelerated during the pandemic. We’ve also reached an inflection point for game streaming: Google, Amazon, and Microsoft all have services that allow consumers to play games on any device by streaming them over the internet, kind of like Netflix for games. Is that the future?
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
- What a new Nintendo Switch actually needs
- What are SPACs, the IPO alternative used by DraftKings, Lucid, and Nikola?
- SpaceX Starlink factory in Texas will speed up production of Dishy McFlatface
- You can ask Alexa how you’re sleeping, through Amazon Halo integration
- Facebook’s New AI Teaches Itself to See With Less Human Help