Join Transform 2021 for the most important themes in enterprise AI & Data. Learn more.
I love Kingdom Hearts. It combines two of my favorite things: Square Enix RPGs and Disney. My colleague, Jeff Grubb, thinks the series is trash. That wasn’t going to stop me from making it the subject of our newest tier list.
However, we’re not ranking the games. Instead, we’re looking at the titles. The Kingdom Hearts franchise has become known for some absurd names. This is the series that gave us a game subtitled 358/2 Days.
A game’s name, of course, has nothing to do with it’s quality, but I still believe that there is an art to the naming of things. I had fun looking through one of my favorite series through this somewhat unorthodox lens.
Disagree with our rankings? You can make your own tier list here.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it.
How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties