Bandai Namco revealed Pac-Man 99 this evening. It’ll be available on April 7 starting at 6 p.m. Pacific. And unlike Super Mario 35, it does not appear to have an expiration date. The name is similar to Tetris 99, another Switch battle royale game based on a beloved game brand.
As the name implies, 99 players each play Pac-Man until one is left standing. While the game is free with a Nintendo Switch Online subscription, you can purchase themes based on other Namco arcade classics like Galaga and Dig Dug.
Bandai Namco already experimented with a battle royale Pac-Man last year with Pac-Man Mega Tunnel Battle, which supported 64 players. It was also on Stadia. I imagine this Switch game will have a bit more interest.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it.
How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties